Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On Duty

My husband and I visited Sanibel Island, FL a couple of years ago.  We took a kayak tour into the Gulf of Mexico.  Not very far into, which was fine with me.  I am not a fan of being in or on the ocean.  Big stuff that can eat me!  This fellow was waiting patiently at the entrance to the bay making sure that we all understood what this sign meant.  By the looks of the sign, I had a feeling I knew what his punishment would be for offenders.  I have sold a couple of prints; the original is still available.

3 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful Patsy! I absolutely love the contrasts and the soft background. The sign totally cracked me up, and the bird's standing guard making sure everything is in order indeed.
    Thanks for your comments on my soldier drawing, I appreciate it a lot and I'll always pray for them who are fighting for peace and justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your paintings are so great! That cat is excellent, and the girl with a horse is awesome! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great watercolour, I think I'd worry about going in the sea with him looking.

    ReplyDelete